Friday, January 21, 2011

oh how sweet

Yesterday evening I was hearing some discussion between the big kids about a "surprise for Mom in the morning." Never got more than bits and pieces and then simply it skipped my mind. 

Fast forward to 5:35am this morning.  I hear a door open, I know the sound, it's the Big Girl.  I am lying in bed awake like I do every morning because Dad's alarm starts going off about 5:00am and after a snooze fest he will finally emerge about 6:00am from the bed.  

There is hustle and bustle going on, the fridge is opening, doors are slamming. lights are on...all before 6:00am on a Friday, a school day.  After Dad gets up and into the shower, Big Girl gets The Boy up, then they proceed to get Little Girl up. 

As this is all transpiring I am still lying in bed awake.  And for me this is torture, I have a schedule to stick to, its a school day, I must get up first, I must take a shower at precisely the same time every time, I must make sandwiches, I need to feed the dog when the kids are brushing their teeth at exactly 7:21am.  This has thrown me all off and I might not function at all today.

It was so nice of them to do this but it is amazing to me how caught up in my little routines I must be.

To be honest I let them do it all, never even looked in their lunches to see what they packed, I let them dress Little Girl and even put a diaper on her, which I did not inspect.  BUT,  I did send them back to the bathrooms to brush their teeth, which they conveniently left out of their morning!  

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not the only one who has her morning routine timed down to the minute! Tony recently switched work schedules, then took up running in the morning, and it's throwing my daily routine completely out of whack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, down to the minute for sure. Even Big Girl starts yelling 7:29, one more minute....

    ReplyDelete