Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Red plate!

There are many things that my children do that I wonder about.  One of these many wonders can be depicted in the following:

I am making dinner, rushing around the kitchen, stirring, cutting, spilling....I run over to the kids' drawer of plates, bowls, cutlery, grab 3 plates (remember I have 3 kids) and set them out.  Without fail, one of my children (yes at this point any 1 of the 3) screams "I want the red plate."

WHY? does it make the food taste better if its on a red plate as opposed to the blue plate? 

If I am lucky it will just end there.  If I am unlucky, it will escalate into a full on drag down sibling fight and no one will end up eating because they are sent to their rooms for the rest of the night without dinner. (ok, maybe not really, but the part about the fight is true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment